MECHANISM OF ACTION
Elevates the serum iron concentration which then helps to form High or trapped in the reticuloendothelial cells for storage and eventual conversion to a usable form of iron.
• Prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anemias.
• Dietary supplement for iron.
• Severe hypotension.
• N & V
• Nasal Congestion
• Muscle cramps
• Advise patient to take medicine as prescribed.
• Caution patient to make position changes slowly to minimize orhtostatic hypotension.
• Instruct patient to avoid concurrent use of alcohol or OTC medicine without consulting the physician.
• Advise patient to consult physician if irregular heartbeat, dyspnea, swelling of hands and feet and hypotension occurs.
• Inform patient that angina attacks may occur 30 min. after administration due reflex tachycardia.
• Encourage patient to comply with additional intervention for hypertension like proper diet, regular exercise, lifestyle changes and stress management.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009